Again, I am introducing you to a training company who provide entry level qualifications for crew, refreshers and now, interior training. They have a super training facility in UK and train in France also.
Seascope Maritime Training have, for over a decade, specialized in providing STCW safety training. With our Headquarters based in Liverpool we have fast become the preferred training provider for many major shipping companies throughout the UK and Europe, including various Super Yachts.
From Humble Beginnings……
Alfie Hincks, the owner and Director, started Seascope from a 1 desk office and began by offering 1 Sea Survival training element which is today commonly known as the PST course. At that time the PST course was all candidates required to be considered for roles away at sea.
As Maritime legislation progressed, and individuals were required to obtain more safety courses Seascope quickly positioned itself to offer what would become the Basic STCW training course. This would become Alfie’s forte and lead to Seascope’s evolution into becoming one of the UK’s leading MCA Approved STCW training providers.
With a dedication for quality course delivery and ensuring candidates experienced the best training possible Seascope was able to achieve steady growth. The past several years has seen Seascope outgrow two separate locations including a large City center training office in the heart of Liverpool’s docklands. The most recent switch happening in Summer of 2019 moving to a large purpose-built facility in a suburb of Liverpool.
Seascope now offers more than 15 different training modules in its suite of available safety courses. Our large variety of courses has attracted 1000’s of candidates from the UK, Europe, Asia, South America, and recently African nations including Nigeria and Kenya!
Ensuring candidates receive the best possible training experience is what lies at the heart of Seascope’s drive and success. Alfie has a real passion for helping people start their careers away at sea. He believes in providing quality safety training along with honest, relevant career advice that helps candidates prepare for a successful career away at sea.
Alfie mentions ‘I have been involved in the Maritime industry for almost 30 years and a large majority of this time has been spent on board vessels sailing to all areas of the world. I believe it is a great way of life and a fantastic opportunity for people to see the world and get paid whilst doing so’. He also says ‘Plus, the experiences and stories you get to come home with are none like you would have working on land!’ Some of Alfie’s most memorable experiences include:
- Meeting Barbra Streisand onboard a cruise ship in the 80’s whilst she was filming a scene for a movie. He remembers being told off for taking a picture of her (he wouldn’t do that now!)
- Whilst working on a vessel that had a route in the Antarctic region the ship’s deck would at times be visited by native Penguins who would venture aboard out of curiosity. One of Alfie’s colleagues thought it would be a great idea to place an EVERTON FC football jersey on one the Penguins to take a photograph. However, before he had time to take the picture the Penguin had already nosedived back into the freezing ocean never to be seen again!
Seascope’s expansion has seen the company set up a satellite training base in Antibes. Alfie identified the opportunity to capitalize on the growing Superyacht industry and the MCA Approved STCW courses Seascope offers in Antibes ensures candidates stand out from the crowd with their world wide recognized certifications. Setup several years ago, Seascope Antibes has become an established STCW training provider in the Cote d’Azur region.
Sophie Sevier currently oversees Seascope’s operations in Antibes and has for the past 3 years done an excellent job in ensuring the company and its brand grows year on year. Sophie also drives Alfie’s passion for quality training experiences and candidate satisfaction.
Our experience in Antibes and within the Superyacht industry has enabled Seascope to understand the requirements for candidates to be successful and finding roles. This has helped us to create and provide extra services (FREE of charge) that include
- Career advice workshops
- CV Writing and building sessions
- Professional headshots to include in CV
- Exclusive list of contacts for crewing agencies within the Yacht industry
Yacht Interior Course
We are excited to announce that from April 2021 Seascope will be offering G.U.E.S.T and IAMI accredited Yacht Introduction Interior courses at our training center in Liverpool. This exciting new industry recognized course will offer students looking to start a career in the Yacht world the chance to stand out from other candidates when applying for role.
Students who attend this course will learn:
- Expert industry advice and guidance from a tutor with firsthand experience.
- CV Clinic
- Realistic Job interview training
- Silver Service
- Cocktail and mixology training
- Wine and food pairing
- Barista training
- Exclusive access to yacht recruitment service
Our Yacht Interior course will be tutored by Sarah Diggle-Whitlock who has over 20 years experience working within the Yacht industry.
Why Choose Seascope?
- One of the UK’s leading MCA Approved STCW training providers
- Tutors have combined over 100 years’ experience in Maritime industry
- Established MCA Approved training base in Antibes
- Competitively priced compared to other providers
- Purpose built training facility in Liverpool that includes our own Fire training simulator and on-site Swimming Pool
- STCW training courses offered every week in Liverpool and regularly in Antibes
- In house ENG1 Medicals available at our Liverpool training center.
- Seascope has a 75% track record from our 1000’s of previous candidates gaining job roles away at sea.
- We genuinely care about the success and careers of people who train with us
What the Future Holds
Seascope will continue to strive towards growing and improving as a company in all areas. Our aim of providing the best training experiences possible will ensure our continued growth. Our new facility in Liverpool will enable us to offer more and more new courses to help us reach a wider audience and help create new careers for more individuals.
One of our most recent developments includes offering ENG1 Medicals on-site in Liverpool through our MCA Approved Doctor. This will be of huge benefit for candidates who can obtain their Medical and STCW certificates in the same time period.
Our next development and project will see Seascope stake a claim in the hype-growth market of the Renewable Energy sector. From Mid- 2021 Seascope will be offering GWO safety training courses for the Offshore Windfarm industry.
This will be another step towards Alfie Hincks’ aim of Seascope becoming the go to training center for all offshore training requirements.
If you would like more information on the courses, we offer or would like some FREE career advice please feel free to contact us direct:
● +44 (0) 151 709 3290
● +33 (0)608 689 531