Recrewt LTD is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Recrewt LTD, will be processed by Recrewt LTD in connection with your placement processes. Please read the following carefully to understand how Recrewt LTD collects and process your personal data. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Recrewt LTD. This website does not use any Cookies.
- Information Recrewt LTD collects from You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you register with Recrewt LTD. This includes information through the registration form, acceptance of Recrewt LTD Terms and Conditions and documents that you may provide through our website, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- Recrewt LTD process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to Recrewt LTD
- Recrewt LTD will keep a record of that correspondence
- A record of your progress through any placement process that Recrewt LTD may conduct.
- A record of personal data Recrewt LTD may receive from third parties as Recrewt LTD contacts your referees and confirms the validity of your qualifications.
- Lawful basis for processing
Recrewt LTD relies on your consent, which is freely given by you by accepting the Terms and
Conditions for registration, to disclose your personal data. If you are aged over 16 and under 18 please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information. Please note that to work as a seafarer you need to be 16 years of age and candidates under 18 years of age have limited access to positions onboard as per the MLC 2006 Convention.
- Purposes of processing
Recrewt LTD will use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To introduce you as a potential candidate to positions available within the yachting industry
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will notify you of a suspected data security breach where Recrewt LTD is legally required to do so.
4.2 Where is your personal data stored?
Recrewt LTD stores all your personal data in secured servers. Recrewt LTD has in place reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data we process, from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction. Should a security breach occur despite of our security measures that may result in a risk to the security of your personal data, we will inform as soon as reasonably possible.
4.3 How long we keep your personal data?
We will hold all the data for 50 years from the day of your registration. Your personal data will be deleted from Recrewt LTD records upon receipt of a written request by you to us.
4.4 Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of important rights. Those include rights to:
- access to your personal data
- to correct any mistakes in your information which Recrewt LTD holds
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Recrewt LTD, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights please contact Recrewt LTD by email.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.